New York City: Architecture

September 6, 2012 | |

I spent two weeks in New York City, which was just enough time for me to really see the city BEYOND all the touristy activities. My inner architecture nerd came out to play.



666 Bond St. - Bond Street is actually my new favorite place in NoHo
Apparently photography isn't allowed in the Guggenheim. As if anyone goes to the Guggenheim to photograph the artwork...

The High Line Park is the epitome of what every park should live up to. Not only is it a great place to hang (where I belong and could waste away my hours), it is also located in a beautiful part of Manhattan and offers great views of the city. I have apartment envy of everyone who lives in a condo bordering the High Line.




Herzog & De Meuron apparently did a STUNNING condo on Bond Street, I found out after I took this picture. I adore their bold use of material in ALL of their projects.

These lights have a mirror coat on the end which created this beautiful effect. I need to figure out how to replicate it in my house.


0 comments: