July 4: Alton, Illinois

July 5, 2013 | |

Celebrated America in the heartland of America this year. I have celebrated the 4th in every environment (including once with guns). But this was hands down, the closest to disaster a 4th has ever been for me. At least the pictures were good.


  


   





Right as this picture was finishing I start hear frantic screaming. I start to lower the camera and see a big firework going off on the ground (after it fell over). The person next to me grabs my shoulder and seconds later a fireball flies through the inches between us. I could FEEL the heat. Needless to say, I got out of dodge like I was on Seal Team Six. Dives, barrel rolls, crawling frantically through the grass. The closest to a fireworks disaster I have ever come, knock on wood.

1 comments:

Dinosaur said...

Why have I not seen these til now. I really like this.